In 2020 I introduced door portraits to my range. Doors can and do say so much about our homes. They can be personalised in so many ways, be it by paint colour and ironmongery, or of course by the increasing popularity of wreath making. With my door portraits, if you are proud as punch of the wreath you have made, why not have it immortalised in a painting? Older homes and buildings also very often have characterful doorways which make lovely portraits.
The door portraits can be done in either an A5 or A6 size. Again these are supplied unframed. As with the house portraits, all I really need are some good quality, in focus photographs, usually from straight on facing the door so please ensure there is some of the surroundings included also.
Door Portrait Prices
A5 size door portrait: £35
A6 size door portrait: £30
Click image to enlarge
Once started, I require a minimum of 3 weeks in which to complete a Door Portrait. This time varies depending on the amount of detail involved. As mentioned above, please bear this in mind if the painting is to be a gift – the more notice I receive the greater the likelihood of completing it in time for you.
It is never too early to contact me.
Once you have contacted me and wish to proceed with a commission, a £20 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking. The remaining balance can be paid upon completion, although I am happy to accept instalments also in the weeks/months leading up to the completion of the painting. This can be discussed at the time of booking.
Full and final payment must be made prior to collection or dispatch of the finished painting
UK postage and packing is charged at £5 for a first-class, signed-for Royal Mail service. (This can be upgraded to “tracked” for an additional charge). Postage for destinations outside of the UK will be charged at £3 (packaging costs) PLUS the postage rate at that time (this will be confirmed before final payment is due).
Local customers (I’m based in Binbrook, Lincolnshire) are welcome to arrange collection from my home address if preferred.
What I Need
To achieve the best possible house portrait, I will need:-
- Several good quality and in-focus photos of the door.
- Photos taken on a day with an even light are best – bright sun or wet conditions can alter the appearance of brick colour, which is particularly pertinent for older buildings with interesting brick or stonework. Close-ups of particular details such as ornate woodwork or doors, for example, are also extremely useful.
- Ideally, I need to see the foreground also, so if there are any objects obscuring particular points then please try to take photos either with these items removed or with them not included. For instance, a car parked on the drive or in front of the house.
- Obviously, some objects can’t be removed, such as trees or shrubs and can make a nice feature, so let me know if you want them including as they are or trimmed back!
- Items can also be added in. Hanging baskets are always a popular request, particularly if the photos have been taken in the winter. Photos of the garden in spring or summer are useful if it is to appear in the painting. I don’t really do animals, but I have added a couple of very small dogs before now.
If possible, photographs should be sent to my email address as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
For anyone local to me (within a 15 mile radius) who are not comfortable taking photographs, I can make a visit and take the photos myself, free of charge. Anyone requiring me to take the photos, but are beyond the 15 mile radius will receive an additional charge to cover mileage etc.